General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Smokers Choice International needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Smokers Choice International permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Smokers Choice International legitimate interests
- Smokers Choice International needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Smokers Choice Int. follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Smokers Choice Int. uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Note that Smokers Choice Int. has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Smokers Choice Int. does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Social Sharing Features
- Your Choices
- Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you become a member; shop in our stores; create an online account or profile; use the interactive areas and features of our Services; make a purchase or rental; sign up for or participate in contests, promotions, surveys, mailing lists, classes, events, trips or recreational activities; and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, zip code, photos, videos, social media usernames, payment information, demographic information, information about your interests and preferences, medical/health information, information about your fitness condition and physical characteristics, passport information, dietary requirements, emergency contact information and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately consent to receive these types of communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may also automatically collect information about you when you access or use the Services or transact business with us, including:
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
- Log Information: We obtain information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location when you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example, if you use your credentials from a third party social media site (e.g., Facebook) to log into your account or interact with us, we may collect information about you, such as your name, account information and friends list, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
- administer your membership and communicate with you about member benefits (such as your dividend balance and special offers only available to members);
- provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices and support and administrative messages;
- provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about SC and partner products, services, offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests;
- process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes;
- link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in Denmark and the information we collect is governed by Danish law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to Denmark and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you outside of SC and its affiliates, including as follows:
- with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf;
- we may make our postal mailing list and general shopping information available to selected companies we believe may offer products and services of interest to you;
- when you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and on third-party sites, such as your photos, stories, posts, product reviews, wish lists and other information you choose to provide;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
SC takes reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Your Information. You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your online account and updating your information or by calling Customer Service. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. If you would like to update or correct your membership information, you may do so by completing our Update Your SC Membership Information form or by calling Customer Service.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from SC by email us at email@example.com. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, membership or our ongoing business relations.
Location Information. You also have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device. You can also stop our collection of location information in connection with our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing all SC applications from your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
Your Privacy Rights
Danish law permits to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To opt out of having your information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please call Customer Service.
Changes to this Policy
SC may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date above and, in some cases we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please let us know.